Saturday, November 29, 2008

"You can always trust the information given to you by people who are crazy; they have an access to truth not available through regular channels" - Ballantyne

This week pretty much saved training for me, made me feel that this time of language/culture/overseas preparation wasn't wasted. Learned a lot in class- challenging things about how to live out your faith and the price others pay for theirs.

Thanksgiving was good enough to be one of my top three, if not my favourite one yet. Fun times chatting or gaming with people- no agenda, no time constraints-and then just playing with the preschoolers and bouncing babies for hours and basking in the warmth of of our 'family' here. Marvelous day.

The fact that we played volleyball Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Wed didn't hurt either... lots of good time with friends. Wednesday I was actually an hour late for volleyball, but that was because I was talking seriously with a younger friend of mine back home who's really close to surrendering it all to God. Which of course helped me realise that, even if I wasn't excited about our D.C. trip and 'cold witnessing', I really am passionate about people finding God, becoming who they're meant to be. And today ended up great... ate at a cozy Polish cafe with my team and had some good intentional discussions with people there, at the Basilika, and at the station. Sunday we have European cultural worship, which should also be cooI...

In other words- hope renewed that I'll hit the field running with good memories *and* good preparation at my back.

Peace and grace out!

No comments: